Football transfer procedures always involve a great deal of money by anyone’s measure, and Greek football players and clubs know that very well.
These amounts of money seem to increase every single year, with Greek and foreign football clubs spending more and more money in order to pursue their national and European goals.
Below, you can see the most expensive transfers involving Greek football players around Europe over the last several years:
14. Costas Mitroglou, from Benfica to Marseille: €7 million
13. Gregoris Georgatos, from Olympiacos to Inter: €7 million
12. George Samaras, from Herenfein to City: €8.5 million
11. Nikos Machlas, from Vitesse to Ajax: €8.5 million
10. Socrates Papastathopoulos, from Werder Bremen to Dortmund: €9.9 million
9. Kyriakos Papadopoulos, from Bayer Leverkusen to Hamburger: €10 million
8. Andreas Samaris, from Olympiacos to Benfica: €10 million
7. Giourkas Seitarides, from Porto to Dinamo Moscow: €10 million
6. Giourkas Seitarides, from Dinamo Moscow to Atletico Madrid: €12 million
5. Costas Manolas, from Olympiacos to Roma: €13 million
4. Costas Mitroglou, from Olympiacos to Fulham: €15.2 million
3. Socrates Papastathopoulos, from Dortmund to Arsenal: €20 million
2. Panagiotis Retsos, from Olympiacos to Bayer Leverkusen: €22 million
1. Costas Mitroglou, from Benfica to Marseille: €27.5 million
The most expensive transfer in the history of world football took place in 2017, for the player Neymar, who moved from Barcelona to Paris Saint Germain, for the astounding sum of €222 million!